CAMO Structural Engineer
To support its expansion, Xfly is looking for a Structural Engineer for the CAMO (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation) department. This position is full time, permanent and based in the Tallinn, Estonia headquarters.
Join one of the biggest Capacity Provider Airlines in Europe! We are looking for new great colleagues!
We are Nordic Aviation Group, a trusted Capacity Provider Airline (CPA) group owned 100% by the Republic of Estonia and operate with two successful and trusted commercial brands, Xfly and Nordica. The multicultural company has become one of the biggest CPA companies in Europe and currently employs over 600 people from 30 different countries. We have bases in Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Turku, Aarhus, Vilnius and Lisbon, where Munich and Hamburg bases will be launched in spring. We operate long-term ACMI production under a wet-lease contract for major airlines within Europe and manage two successful commercial brands, Nordica and Xfly.
Our current fleet consists of 17 aircraft, split between ATR72-600s, CRJ900s, and A320s, where we will increase our fleet by three Airbus A320neo aircraft in spring, in order to serve a new strategic partner in Germany. We are currently actively recruiting other 250 aviation talents to help them grow with us. Now its time to span your wings together with us and become a part of our talented growing aviation team!
Your first flight is to take off very soon!
- Prepare and periodically update the Damage and Repair status file
- Ensure repetitive inspection requirements and permanent repair requirements from structural repairs are entered into the M&E system for tracking and forecasting
- Prepare structural repair Engineering Orders for inclusion in the base maintenance check packs
- Support MCC and the P145 in the completion of Structural Damage Reports
- Support MCC and P145 in evaluating suitable structural repairs for Xfly fleet
- Liaise with the OEM and approved design organizations for out of SRM repair schemes as required
- Provide engineering support to the P145 with the application of structural repairs on the Xfly fleet
- Liaise with and monitor repair shops for high value repair items such as radomes and thrust reversers
- Assist procurement section with ordering and the provision of part numbers and alternative part numbers for structural repair materials
- Report structural failures and damages to the OEM and local authority as may be required by regulation
- Provide aircraft weight and balance change data from structural repairs to the Technical Operations Manager
- Evaluate damages and repair status of new aircraft to the Xfly fleet
- Update information in M&E system database in accordance with field of responsibility
- Participate in the development and writing of procedures for this position as may be required for continuous improvement
- Create technical reports or other documentation, such as guidance handbooks, internal bulletins, for use by engineering staff, management, or Part 145
- Attend training courses to develop skills and knowledge
- Any other duties as required by the Technical Operations Manager
Requirements and Experience:
- Three years previous experience as a Structural Engineer on at least one of Xfly fleet aircraft types or;
- Three years previous experience performing structural and composite repairs on at least one of Xfly fleet aircraft types or;
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering
- Be able to demonstrate competence to interpret maintenance requirements into maintenance tasks
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of EASA rules and regulations, Part-145 and Part-M, Part-CAMO
- Be able to demonstrate competence in operating computer software programs and handling computer data and information
- Professional knowledge of the English language, verbal and written
- Have a positive attitude, be interested in aviation and willing to learn
Documentation for application:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career opportunities within the group
- Exciting and responsible job in a multicultural company
- An excellent opportunity to become a part of the professionals in your field
- Attractive rates for worldwide private travel with our partner airlines
- Private healthcare package provided by the company
- A team that embraces diversity and inclusion